Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DannyITR

Dumb question: how to automatically load weather at current location

Hi all, For some reason I cannot seem to get Active Sky to just load the weather at the aircraft's current location and have it continue to load the correct weather as I fly. If I'm starting in Montreal, I need to manually load CYUL weather. Furthermore it will just be the same weather for the whole flight unless I load the destination weather. I would assume the default settings would be to just load the weather at the station nearest to the aircraft unless otherwise specified. What am I doing wrong?Also does anyone else have occasional runtime failures and crashes when running on Vista, FSX, and Squawkbox?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to the club brother! Fact of the matter is they don't know what is wrong. There are so many installations for FSX (SP1, SP2 with accel or without accel) that there is no standardization and bugs everywhere. I don't believe developers for FSX are fully aware of how this sim works but they are cranking projects out like there is no tomorrow. If I were you, I would go back to FS9 and use Asv6. It's the only thing that works right now. I have had the same problem as you with ASX and these guys can't even give me a straight answer because they don't know. Try to unistall SP1 and SP2 and then reinstall. Also make sure your firewall is allowing FSX to access the network. Simconnect is a nightmare for thrid part builders.

Hi Danny,We are aware, it has nothing to do with multiple FSX versions, we are not cranking out projects like there's no tomorrow, and our SP1 for ASA is being tested as I write this. SimConnect will have its growing pains, such is life.Danny, is your lock to FS location checked On?Does ASA recognize your current location?Single computer or network install?ASA or ASX?Please let me know.Thanks,

Hi Danny,We are aware, it has nothing to do with multiple FSX versions, we are not cranking out projects like there's no tomorrow, and our SP1 for ASA is being tested as I write this. SimConnect will have its growing pains, such is life.Danny, is your lock to FS location checked On?Does ASA recognize your current location?Single computer or network install?ASA or ASX?Please let me know.Thanks,
Hi guys,Thanks for the replies although I'm not sure which problems you were referring to. The weather not following the aircraft problem to me is minor as it takes two seconds to input the correct weather in ASX. The main problem is FS crashing when flying online with squawkbox. If I don't use ASX I seem to have no isses. It doesn't happen every time so its hard to reproduce. I have FSX SP2, Vista x64, ATI 4850HD, Intel Q6600, 4 gig RAM, single computer, ASX, Squawkbox 4, Level D 767, YUL add on scenery.

Also does anyone else have occasional runtime failures and crashes when running on Vista, FSX, and Squawkbox?
If you are talking about Squawkbox 4 you are not alone: http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=...49d48e586745d18In my case FSX would crash whenever I received a private message in SB4 (and in other situations as well). I never got it to work without crashes and had to revert to FSInn. SB4 is in beta, so I suppose we'll see an update eventually.FSInn works fine with ASX (just remember to turn off FSInn weather). It does have problems of its own, such as interfering with RealityXP gauges, but if you haven't bought those you should be fine.Tom