Sign in to follow this  
Guest 70sMIA

MD-11 Cabin Lights?

Guest 70sMIA

Hi Folks,I've been flying the MD-11 (FSX on WINXP) for about a month now and it is a fantastic product! And I thought the FSX 747 was great (still is!) but the MD-11 is over-the-top! :( Anyway, that's why I noticed that whenver flying a passneger MD-11 at night...the passenger (cabin) windows are dark. This doesn't happen with the 747 - it lights-up nicely with random shades open and closed. I've hunted every setting/menu/panel and I am unable to figure out how to get the cabin lit.So...can anyone instruct me on how to light up the cabin windows? :( Thanks in advance!

Guest cfgarrod

This works for me in FSX SP1/Acceleration:The cabin lighting comes on if you hit 'L', but so do all the other lights, these can however be switched off: CTRL+L for landing lights and SHIFT+L for panel lights, the cabin lights remain on.Chris

Hi Folks,I've been flying the MD-11 (FSX on WINXP) for about a month now and it is a fantastic product! And I thought the FSX 747 was great (still is!) but the MD-11 is over-the-top! :( Anyway, that's why I noticed that whenver flying a passneger MD-11 at night...the passenger (cabin) windows are dark. This doesn't happen with the 747 - it lights-up nicely with random shades open and closed. I've hunted every setting/menu/panel and I am unable to figure out how to get the cabin lit.So...can anyone instruct me on how to light up the cabin windows? :( Thanks in advance!
You need to create a key command under PMDG>Options B) :( VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest 70sMIA
This works for me in FSX SP1/Acceleration:The cabin lighting comes on if you hit 'L', but so do all the other lights, these can however be switched off: CTRL+L for landing lights and SHIFT+L for panel lights, the cabin lights remain on.Chris
Ah! The old Cessna 172 trick! I have to admit that is one thing (out of a hundred ) that I have not tried yet. I'll give that a shot tonight and post the results. :( Thanks,
You need to create a key command under PMDG>Options :( :( VinPMDG
Vin,There is a line-item option for the cabin lights in the keyboard Command tree? I admit (sheepishly) to not checking for that either (I've gotten spoiled with the FMC 'Shortcut' menu...that's my story and I'm sticking with it!)Seriously though, thanks very much,

Guest 70sMIA

Thanks everyone - both methods worked! First, I tried the simple "L" method and BAM - all lit up, cabin windows, too.Then I searched for Vin's keyboard-command option and, sure enough, there was one for "Cabin Lights"...I assigned "Shift + 0" and it works just fine.Thanks! :(