Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KSTLFF

FS9 MD11 loads with dummy panels and black screen

When I load the MD11 it loads with 4 dummy panels and then a black screen . This kind of goes back to the issue I was having witht the load manager. If I load the LM first, then load the aircraft, then I get the dummy screens and then black screen. Then I will load the aircraft and everything is fine, but I then have to go back to the load manager and go through that again. That might take some more testing to see if my weight load held, but I know for sure the fuel goes back to 15.5. Also, the panel state will not hold and the FSX version will not hold the panel state either, even with the update for that issue. I might be missing a step here. Last night I saved my dark and cold panel under I think FDX MD11 in the PMDG panel state, but have not had a chance to do anymore testing. One thing I thought of for the black screen issue is this, FSX goes into windows basic, but not FS9. Now, I have never had any problems with fs9 and vista areo, could this be the problem?? Anything I should do before I save my flight. My sequence is usally park, shut down to cold and dark and just save flight. Shoud I save this in panel state then save in fs??ThanksBrett Lucas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When I load the MD11 it loads with 4 dummy panels and then a black screen . This kind of goes back to the issue I was having witht the load manager. If I load the LM first, then load the aircraft, then I get the dummy screens and then black screen. Then I will load the aircraft and everything is fine, but I then have to go back to the load manager and go through that again. That might take some more testing to see if my weight load held, but I know for sure the fuel goes back to 15.5. Also, the panel state will not hold and the FSX version will not hold the panel state either, even with the update for that issue. I might be missing a step here. Last night I saved my dark and cold panel under I think FDX MD11 in the PMDG panel state, but have not had a chance to do anymore testing. One thing I thought of for the black screen issue is this, FSX goes into windows basic, but not FS9. Now, I have never had any problems with fs9 and vista areo, could this be the problem?? Anything I should do before I save my flight. My sequence is usally park, shut down to cold and dark and just save flight. Shoud I save this in panel state then save in fs??ThanksBrett Lucas
Brett,When you save a flight a panel state is also automatically created and saved and when you load the flight again the panel state is also automatically loaded. So, just savind the flight will do, no need to save the panel state as well.I am a bit confused with your description. Do you have this problem with the FS9 version, the FSX or both? How is the Load Manager related?Note that in FS9 you do not have the "Send to FS" option you have in FSX. The FS9 version Load Manager cannot dynamically change payload while the aircraft is loaded. You must run the Load Manager before you start FS9 (or load the MD-11) and use the "Save to File" button.