Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Real flight dynamics and PAX-weight

Do you manually add passenger weight(200 lbs/pax)into the station.load line of the aircraft.cfg when an aircraft already comes with "realistic flight dynamics " (i.e. "This Boeing 7x7 file was tested by real world Captain Mr XY" ???) Or is this additional weight then too much ?? When I compared several high quality aircraft.cfgs I found that nearly all designers forgot to load their planes....Generally, what I do now is to add 80% of total pax number and take 200 lbs per passenger including baggage. This value goes into the station.load line and I feel that most aircraft behave more "airliner-like" than before. What dou you think about that ??comments welcome!example :[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]reference_datum_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000empty_weight_CG_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000max_number_of_stations=50//original station_load.0=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000 station_load.0=40000, 0, 0, 0 //= 200 passengers with bagage

For a more realistic feel, you should add passenger and cargo weight as well as the weight of each engine. The engine weight seems to have been missed in the air files. Air files DO account for fuel weight and the weight section does to some degree take into account some or most of the aircrafts weight. But its not entirely complete. Some will argue this with me.Anyway, when adding passenger weight and other parameters, don't set it all at 0.00 for the position. This will onlt add ALL the weight to the center point of the aircraft and will make flying it very unstable. A simple way of locating positions thruout the aircrafts design is to create a nav light in the light section, place it outside of the aircraft and reposition it and reload the aircraft each time (its tedious) till your satisfied with the location.You can find the forward and aft limits of the passenger cabin, the fuel tank locations, engines etc. The first number in the station load is the weight, the second is the fore/aft position, the 3rd is the left or right of aircraft centerline and the last nuber is the above or below centerline. Here's an example;station_load.0 = 0450, 73.00, 0.0, 5.0station_load.1 = 3000, 67.00, 0.0, 6.0station_load.2 = 16239, -29.00, 0.0, -0.5station_load.3 = 20398, 46.00, 0.0, -0.5station_load.4 = 2040, 55.00, 0.0, 5.0station_load.5 = 4080, 45.00, 0.0, 5.0station_load.6 = 27880, -20.00, 0.0, 5.0station_load.7 = 3000, -52.50, 0.0, 6.0station_load.8 = 7500, 15.75, -22.3, -3.2station_load.9 = 7500, 15.75, 22.3, -3.2This accounts for the flight crew, galleys, baggage, cargo, engines, and 3 class passenger areas. Its basically a simplified version of what I usually do. If I know the exact layout of the cabin, then I enter in values for each side and each row. Average weight is calculated at 170lbs per person and 225 for the flight crew. Cabin crew can also be figured in if you want to go crazy with it.Basically, if it didn't come with a load editor, all the aircraft available are empty. Everyone sets inertia values etc, and no one ever loads the plane. Experiment and just remember to keep it all balanced. Have fun! mike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

Thanks Mike , I forgot about adding engine weight. What's the weight of an (average ?) engine ??? I did'nt know the trick with the navlights, but I will give it a try and "pax" all my favourite aicraft. Thanks, J

Jorg,AC Loader v4 by Scott Campbell (release 14 April) will do what you're looking for.