Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Carenado 172 is now available

Guest k5cxo
Has anyone had virus problems with the aircraft themselves?
no problem with the aircraft but today I did get this warning when I brought up Carenados website.Carenado.jpg

no problem with the aircraft but today I did get this warning when I brought up Carenados website.Carenado.jpg
Ya, I use AVAST and AVG in combination. AVAST usually does the job the best and its freeware, it blocks viruses and Trojans before they transfer from the server to your PC. When I went to Carenado, AVAST blocked a suspicious HTML, CSS file or something like that before it reached my PC, so I was fine and glad. At school I accesed the website one day and the school allowed access, then 2 days later, the website was blocked by the counties ISP system. I am guessing they have some kind of virus or trojan on there, or there server has been hacked. I say, only visit the site only if you know you have an AV like AVAST that will block the malware before it reaches your PC. It works for any browser too :(. I'm guessing Carenado might not have anti-virus software on their servers maybe, but I know that this is most likely a virus if the county blocked the website because of a virus, if my PC blocked the virus, and your PC said it has a virus. Here is avast, I recommend that you take off crappy payware anti-virus like Mcaffee and Norton, and put something good on like Avast Home Edition (requires FREE registration after 60 days of use), AVG Free, or AVIRA. CNET (download.com) has given each of them very good ratings, and you can install all 3 without any conflicts, they also do not affect gaming, because I can still play crysis on high with AVAST and AVG running at the same time! No stutters.Here is AVAST because everyone should have good AV for free:http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.htmlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AvastLook for reviews of each of the freeware AV programs I posted above and see for yourself, how good they are!Here is mcafee's virus database info:http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99460.htmIf you don't trust me enough to follow the link above because the link doesn't contain Mcafee :( , then google, Mcafee Threat Center, or if you don't trust the google link because it doesn't have mcafee, go to Mcafee's main website then look up the threat center yourself, then search for Xilos.Ok, guys. Looking at the first to letters from that virus report from the picture above, and what Mcafee says, the virus looks like it might be a JavaScript virus embedded in the HTML. Perhaps the server was hacked.