Sign in to follow this  

Need help - new Ti4200 card won't AA

Hello Gang,I've just purchased a brand new Gainward Geforce 4 64 mb Ti4200 card. I cannot get anti-aliasing to work in any D3D application, including and especially FS2002, no matter what I try. I've been through 4 drivers sets from the 30.82s to the 43.45s and have tried using Rivatuner instead of the Nvidia control panel as well. Nothing is working and now I'm wondering if I maybe have a defective card or something?I've tried using FS2002's own anti-aliasing switch and also forcing AA in all D3D applications. No AA will work at all from 2x to Quincunx to 4x. I'm getting the jaggies from heck running at fairly high res, 2x antisotrophy, ect. I am running FS2002 in full screen too. System specs: ASUS A7V266A MB (VIA KT266A chipset, recent VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 drivers installed), Athlon XP 2100+ CPU, 512mb Kingston DDRDoes anyone have any insight or experience with the same thing?Thank you!

Have you run the directX diagnostic? Start, Run, type dxdiag, OK. Ensure DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture Accelerations are enabled, plus test the functions.What version of directX are you using, latest is 9.0a?

Hi,I'm using DX 8.1, dated 5-01-02 for the core files. Perhaps this is DX 8.1 B, I'm not sure. All hardware options are enabled and everything passes the direct draw and D3D diagnostic tests. I just tried forcing D3D AA (quincunx) in a first person Quake-graphics engine type game and it worked but still no go with Flight Sim 2002. Also I tried AA in Falcon 4, (SP3) and it's not working with that either. Weird huh? All of these games are optimized for the DX 8.* engine as far as I know.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

a long shot but delete your FS2002.cfg and let FS recreate it . You will have to reset all of your setting in FS but it's worth a try. also remember to uninstall driver properly from add and remove programs . Secondly I would go to guru3d.com and get detenatorRIP which removes all left over entries from your NV drivers. Last did you delete your old video card and all registery entries that point to it . This is important as well . However if eveything is working in OpenGL there is a good chance the problem is simply directx. As a last resort install directx 9 Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Thanks, will utilize your advice!!! I think it's gotta be a DX snafu someplace too. Thanks again.