Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahinterl

MD-11 FS9: FMS: Blinking approach v-speeds

I must admit that I'm far from understanding the MD-11 in detail and need to do a reasonable amount of learning. But, on my 1st short test flight yesterday, more or less a traffic pattern, (the bird hand flies incredibly, visuals, sound and handling feel "devine") on approach when calling the approach page on the MCDU (is it called so in the MD-11 as well? See manual page FMS.40.37) and changing the approach flaps to 50, almost all of the values on the page started to blink (don't remember exactly which ones in detail) and after a while were replaced by dashes, so I guess I lost the reference speeds. I didn't find anything in the manuals yet, and it was quite a strange situation I didn't experience that in any other plane before, so what did I do so terribly wrong? I used only the "basics" just to get "her" in the air and back on GCTS ILS 03 again, so I filled out the minimum in the MCDU to get T/O speeds and auto radio tuning for the ILS (which worked perfectly) and the route on the map screen...Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!