Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arklight1

CH Eclipse Yoke vs Saitek Pro Yoke

Im int he market for a yoke and am seriously considering the CH Eclipse, however, I like the fgact that Saitek uis Metal and not plastic. My Saitek sticks, in the past, have not lasted long while my CH stick/throttle/pedals have last me quite a long time and are still fucntioning extremely well. Of course, I have not owned a Saitek in a while so things may have changed with them quality wise. Opinions/comments/experiences?Thanks for your time!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I got the Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and I'm pretty happy with it. The quality is good and it's taken a lot of normal and above-normal abuse wonderfully. Plus I also like the fact that the accompanying throttle quadrant is lifelike and separate from the yoke; Not only are the controls larger than the CH controls and colour-coded, but you can locate your throttle quadrant anywhere you want. You're not relegated to jockeying around a yoke horn to jockey the engine and prop.The biggest (and probably only) complaint to date on the Saitek yoke is the 'phantom button press' matter. I cured it by uninstalling the software that came with the yoke on the CD-ROM. It's not needed, just plug and play. Saitek says the software is needed for 'yoke profiling'. I'm not sure what that means, but I don't need to 'profile' my yoke; It performs equally well when its buttona and tab switches are comformed to one setting, be it for a Cessna 150 or a Boeing 747, so the CD-ROM is not absolutely necessary.Hope this helps. Good luck!

I got the Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and I'm pretty happy with it. The quality is good and it's taken a lot of normal and above-normal abuse wonderfully. Plus I also like the fact that the accompanying throttle quadrant is lifelike and separate from the yoke; Not only are the controls larger than the CH controls and colour-coded, but you can locate your throttle quadrant anywhere you want. You're not relegated to jockeying around a yoke horn to jockey the engine and prop.The biggest (and probably only) complaint to date on the Saitek yoke is the 'phantom button press' matter. I cured it by uninstalling the software that came with the yoke on the CD-ROM. It's not needed, just plug and play. Saitek says the software is needed for 'yoke profiling'. I'm not sure what that means, but I don't need to 'profile' my yoke; It performs equally well when its buttona and tab switches are comformed to one setting, be it for a Cessna 150 or a Boeing 747, so the CD-ROM is not absolutely necessary.Hope this helps. Good luck!
Thanks for the response, Chairborne.Despite the detents, I might have to check it out. You said they were negligable in the other thread so that is good. I do like the look and have heard the feel is also very good.Thanks again!