Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dicko

Weather depiction not accurate

One for the devs, I first started ASA and let it do it's business then when it is finished I import a flight plan. I start X-Graphics and load the WX Influenced theme. It says checked ASX weather depiction( I take that means ASA) then loads the correct textures into fsx texture files. X-Graphis is then closed.Then I start FSX via the start on the ASA screen. And away we go. Problem is there has not been a cloud in the sky all day in Melbourne but the weather depiction at Melbourne Airport is of a sky with quite a few clouds. I have yet to see a cloudless sky while using ASA. Any ideas- am I doing anything wrong?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One for the devs, I first started ASA and let it do it's business then when it is finished I import a flight plan. I start X-Graphics and load the WX Influenced theme. It says checked ASX weather depiction( I take that means ASA) then loads the correct textures into fsx texture files. X-Graphis is then closed.Then I start FSX via the start on the ASA screen. And away we go. Problem is there has not been a cloud in the sky all day in Melbourne but the weather depiction at Melbourne Airport is of a sky with quite a few clouds. I have yet to see a cloudless sky while using ASA. Any ideas- am I doing anything wrong?
Bump

Hi,A few things:1. Running X Graphics will not use the weather from ASA for Wx Influenced Textures. You need to use the new ASA Texture Snapshot feature to auto generate X Graphics Snapshot sets. Then you just plan a flight in ASA and you will be prompted if you wish to install a Wx Influenced XG Snapshot.2. On the Clouds Option page there are 4 cloud generation sliders that will add clouds in certain situations. Please move those 4 sliders full left and see if you like that cloud depiction better.Thanks,

Hi,A few things:1. Running X Graphics will not use the weather from ASA for Wx Influenced Textures. You need to use the new ASA Texture Snapshot feature to auto generate X Graphics Snapshot sets. Then you just plan a flight in ASA and you will be prompted if you wish to install a Wx Influenced XG Snapshot.2. On the Clouds Option page there are 4 cloud generation sliders that will add clouds in certain situations. Please move those 4 sliders full left and see if you like that cloud depiction better.Thanks,
Thanks for your reply Jim