Sign in to follow this  
Guest SebastianLeonow

Problem with VC

Guest SebastianLeonow

hello!i don't know if this was mentioned before, i haven't found it:my gauge update rate in the vc does not change when i change it in the performance tuning menu. in the 2d panel it works fine.i am using the newest version of the md-11 in fs 9...best regards!

What's not changing?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SebastianLeonow

the vc gauge fps. it's always quite slow, no matter what is set in the performance tuning menu. the overall fs9 fps is good instead.

I think that means the performance tuning setting is not a constraint for the frame rates you are getting. It certainly does not mean that whatever those dials are set to is the frame rate you are going to see, it just affects how often the code updates information than eventually gets to the screen through the MSFS graphics engine.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SebastianLeonow

hmm... but the overall framerate is quite good, 20 fps stable. the instruments just have about 5 fps. in the 2d panel they are working very smooth.

The Garmin 530 in the twin I fly updates position at least 3times/sec... that really is fast enough for a guage (just not for large screen displays of animation).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SebastianLeonow

but a primary flight display with a refresh rate of 5fps is not that good..