Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nealoc187

Is SP3 for Windows XP 32-bit a good idea or bad idea for FS9?

Guest Nealoc187

As the title states. I've been out of the Flight Sim community for a few months now as my computer was down. I have not downloaded SP3 as of yet, I thought I remembered reading something about SP3 causing FS9 problems, but since the search function on this forum won't search for the term SP3, I can't find the post I was thinking I saw. Also can't search effectively for any other posts about it. Also wondering if it depends on what drivers you have for you video card, or any other hardware, whether or not you should install SP3?I should be getting my new EVGA 9800GT 512MB today to get that computer back up and running, and I have not yet determined what drivers I will use with that, if it matters. The rest of the system is:E4400 C2D @ 2.92 GHzASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA motherboardEVGA 9800GT 512mbWindows XP Pro 32-bit SP2Flight Simulator 9.12GB A-data RAM22" LCD widescreen, 1680x1050 resolution.

Guest ppokit

No problems here (FS 9.1 & XP32 Pro SP3).As an aside I'm using the 180.48 drivers with nHancer and can report everything is OK.Regards

I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever. If your Win XP install has issues, I suppose sp3 could surface those issues.scott s..