Sign in to follow this  
Guest BadB0Y

Speed Limit Tape (always 320 k)

Guest BadB0Y

My pmdg md11 always sets speed limit 320KIAS (CRZ). The real aircraft speed is more higer. I've tested many configurations (CI, FL, WEIGHT, etc...) but i don't get speed limit increment (360k or .825 mach). Anybody have any solution? Note: Youtube tutorials show 320 limit too.Thanks

Please sign your name to posts in this forum.Indicated cruise speeds in knots will vary with altitude, the transition to Mach number as a constraint means you could be cruising at 0.825M with an IAS of 270Kts or less. Perhaps I don't understand your question.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BadB0Y
Please sign your name to posts in this forum.Indicated cruise speeds in knots will vary with altitude, the transition to Mach number as a constraint means you could be cruising at 0.825M with an IAS of 270Kts or less. Perhaps I don't understand your question.
Thanks for answer downsccFor example: when my fl cruise is 220, md11 PD indicates .670-.700 mach speed limit. When my fl cruise is 370, PD indicate .670-.700 mach speed limit or so. Never it show .8 or more. I hope you understand my question.Thanks

Guest cfgarrod

According to the structural speed limitations table, there are two different limitations:If wing tip fuel is less than 60%, Mmo is M0.85 and Vmo at altitude is 320KtIf wing tip fuel is 90% or more, Mmo is M0.87 and Vmo 365Kt.It's a structural (wing bending) limitation and incidentally the 747 has similar limitations...Chris G

<<For example: when my fl cruise is 220, md11 PD indicates .670-.700 mach speed limit. When my fl cruise is 370, PD indicate .670-.700 mach speed limit or so. Never it show .8 or more.>>Yeah, you should be getting cruise speeds up around .82 for econ at FL370 but at FL220 I don't think the Mach number is used, the transition is somewhere around FL270 depending on temps. All my flights thus far above FL310 have had cruise speeds between 0.78-0.83.This number is created during your preflight programming of the MCDU. You can check your cruise speed before you takeoff by looking at the PERF page for cruise flight. If you are not reaching cruise flight maybe it is something simple you forgot like the slats up?Check the PERF page, does it agree with actual cruise speed?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BadB0Y
According to the structural speed limitations table, there are two different limitations:If wing tip fuel is less than 60%, Mmo is M0.85 and Vmo at altitude is 320KtIf wing tip fuel is 90% or more, Mmo is M0.87 and Vmo 365Kt.It's a structural (wing bending) limitation and incidentally the 747 has similar limitations...Chris G
Thanks Chris. More fuel..... It works !!Thanks guys !!