Sign in to follow this  
Guest leonperrins1

FS9 Flight Planner

Guest leonperrins1

Apologies if this is a repeat but I have been having logon problems.When I go to Flight Planner to load an existing flight plan, as soon as I click on "Flight Planner" the hour glass appears and the sim closes with the usual message that "it needs to close" etc.I have tried all the options I can think of, any ideas?

Guest rekhraj

i'm quite sure that there's a corrupt file....go to safe mode....and scan ur pc....i recommend u to use kaspersky antivirus...it works well....if it still doesnt work...uninstall and reinstall....AniL RekhraJ

Guest leonperrins1
i'm quite sure that there's a corrupt file....go to safe mode....and scan ur pc....i recommend u to use kaspersky antivirus...it works well....if it still doesnt work...uninstall and reinstall....AniL RekhraJ
Thanks for that Anil,No infections and a re-install does not help, even following a clean install of XP.

Guest rekhraj

hmm....well if the problem is not the pc...then i suspect its the game....if no other option is left...get another fs9 cd..... if nothing else works out...cause if installing xp again doesnt help...than its surely the game

Guest leonperrins1
hmm....well if the problem is not the pc...then i suspect its the game....if no other option is left...get another fs9 cd..... if nothing else works out...cause if installing xp again doesnt help...than its surely the game
That's not impossible but it appears to be a known fault and nobody seems to know the solution.It's not exactly high priority because FSX is now well established.

Guest rekhraj

hmm...have u tried installing with another fs9 cd....maybe a friend's one?

Guest RonB49
Thanks for that Anil,No infections and a re-install does not help, even following a clean install of XP.
After the reinstall, did you try using the flight planner with the virgin FS9 (default plane, default textures, default scenery etc.)? I had the exact same problem and it was caused by one paint scheme of an add-on airplane. R-

Guest leonperrins1
After the reinstall, did you try using the flight planner with the virgin FS9 (default plane, default textures, default scenery etc.)? I had the exact same problem and it was caused by one paint scheme of an add-on airplane. R-
Thanks Ron.I'll try that out because I am currently always using addons.

Guest lgvpilot1
Apologies if this is a repeat but I have been having logon problems.When I go to Flight Planner to load an existing flight plan, as soon as I click on "Flight Planner" the hour glass appears and the sim closes with the usual message that "it needs to close" etc.I have tried all the options I can think of, any ideas?
You could try clearing out all of your existing filghts from your flight plan folder (my documents flightsimulator files)Might be something in there giving you grief (a saved filght perhaps?)Mark

Why not try real troubleshooting instead of trying random things in hope that it works?Common sense says:- Go to Event viewer and view the error generated by the application when it crashes.- What is the EXACT error you get? "it needs to close, etc" is not an exact error.- When did this start happening, did it always work up until a certain point?- If so, then figure out what you have installed between the time it was working and the time it stopped- Do a system restore back to the last date you know it workedThese are the first steps you need to take to logically make sense of your situation and allow us to give you real help and not just give you random suggestions that make absolutely no sense and won't get you up and running again.Mike T.