Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Edit Config Files?

Hello,I am new to Flight Sim 2002 and have a question. I noticed that some aircraft downloads require you to edit the aircraft.cfg file before you can use the aircraft. Before I mess anything up I would like to know how I should go about doing this.Regards,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ron,The aircraft.cfg can be a complicated file to edit, and can change a lot in how your plane operates. What changes did you want to make? You should be able to open the file in NotePad, make any changes, then save it. Make sure you make a back-up fist though- as I said above, you can do a lot by editing this file.Bruce.

Bruce,Thanks for the info. Was was pretty sure I could do the editing in note pad, but I wanted to make sure first. The reason I want to edit the file is because I have noticed that some of the textures require you to edit the aircraft config file for that aircraft type in order for the downloaded aircraft to work.For example, I downloaded the Gulfair A330 New Colours and in the read me it says that you have to add the Gulf Air texture to the A330 config file in order for it to work.Regards,Ron