Sign in to follow this  
Kimchoc

This might not be good

I cant go to airports around Cuba, Virgin islands. Looks like I'm good to a little south of key west, north Venezuela. I suspect its some terrain issue. I dont believe I have ever loaded any add-on terrain here, on purpose, as I usually fly (for years) in the USA. On some airports near this area, it will load to 10% and then hang. On the ones such as TIST, it just says 0% and hangs. I have to ctrl/alt/del to see MSFS "not responding".So what do you think? Repairable in any way? Or just forget about that area and stay in the good ol USA? If somebody knows what name area this is I might could try un-checking s0me scenery files in the library.Thanks,,GLB

I cant go to airports around Cuba, Virgin islands. Looks like I'm good to a little south of key west, north Venezuela. I suspect its some terrain issue. I dont believe I have ever loaded any add-on terrain here, on purpose, as I usually fly (for years) in the USA. On some airports near this area, it will load to 10% and then hang. On the ones such as TIST, it just says 0% and hangs. I have to ctrl/alt/del to see MSFS "not responding".So what do you think? Repairable in any way? Or just forget about that area and stay in the good ol USA? If somebody knows what name area this is I might could try un-checking s0me scenery files in the library.Thanks,,GLB
That is indeed a strange problem. Here are a couple of ideas for you:To determine what "area" is involved in any scenery, use the AFCAD program by Lee Swordy and open a default (not addon) airport in the area. Then select properties. The complete path to the default file is shown at the bottom of the Afcad screen (see attached screenshot). I opened TIST in this example and see that the "area" is NAME.You then may wish to try restoring the scenery and texture files for NAME from the install disks. These resources will be helpful in that regard:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.I would make a backup copy of NAME first however - just to be on the safe side.Hope this helps. :(

Ahhh, yes. Nice approach. I would have never thought of afcad. Good info and I'll get to try it tomorrow night and post some results...Thanks,GLB

That is indeed a strange problem. Here are a couple of ideas for you:To determine what "area" is involved in any scenery, use the AFCAD program by Lee Swordy and open a default (not addon) airport in the area. Then select properties. The complete path to the default file is shown at the bottom of the Afcad screen (see attached screenshot). I opened TIST in this example and see that the "area" is NAME.You then may wish to try restoring the scenery and texture files for NAME from the install disks. These resources will be helpful in that regard:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.I would make a backup copy of NAME first however - just to be on the safe side.Hope this helps. :(