Sign in to follow this  
stfitts

FS9 MD-11, thoughts please.

Gents,I am building a new machine this week. Following specs... Windows XP SP3 Intel 3.2GhzNividia Gtx2604G of ram.MSFS 2004How has the MD-11 ran with your specs as reference? Any issues with frames? Question two.I see a few posts about people complaining about panel quality and what not. I am 2D cockpit flier. Is the panels easy to read? Click spots correct? Anything you can add I'd love to read. Has anyone purchased the manual set? Its alot of eye candy and the wife thinks I need it. But i dont want to purchase if the aircraft isn't top notch yet. All input is welcome! Shawn Fitts

Its alot of eye candy and the wife thinks I need it.
You've got a little treasure there - I think when most wives find out the cost they flip - at least mine did. :( On the other point have not really flown my copy yet as waiting for the tutorial to be updated or AOA DVD to come out - whichever is first. I am at the advanced age when bad (flying) habits stick.

Guest Callmecapt

If you're building a new system, you definitely should go for a dual core at the very least. 4GB of ram with a single core processor is not going to benefit you that much, if at all. Stick with Nvidia as opposed to ATI. The newest ATI cards are as fast as a 2 year old NVidia card.Get yourself at least an 8800GTS with 512MB on board memory. They go really cheap nowadays. You need something that will last you a couple of years. A single core will be obsolete by lunch time tomorrow.Goran