Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

HELP !!! Reinstalling FS2002

Hello All, I am having a bear reinstalling FS2002 !!! ( 1st time since originally installing 9-01 !! :-) !!! ) My hard drive started to fail so I Installed a new HD and WINXP all updates and DX9.0a. ( all good so far )ORIG setup ECS K7S5A, AMD 1800XP, 1 GIG PC2100 DDR, ASUS V8200 DLX 64M, DIAMOND Stealth s540 32M using WQHL XP cert drivers, WIN XP installed on computer as ACPI UNIPROCESSOR, DX8.0a. ( Trick for this mobo to free up IRQs although WINXP was originally installed as ADVANCED ACPI, the trick did not solve problems w/ network card install as it the mobo does not like certain brands)NEW SETUP - same as above but reverted to Advanced ACPI,DX9.0a, using the same driver combos as before (see screenshot). The only drivers "I will" use, as the V8200 needs some form of these to use the VIDEO in. I had a problem trying to install FS2002 onto hard drive... "Cannot read BlahBlah.cab" fixed that by turning off DMA for new drive.It is installed now but I get bad textures and tearing...FS2002 is still installed on old drive and works fine. So it cannot be a driver problem. I donot want to transfer files from old FS to new as the old drive fails reading quite often and would like to have a fresh FS.If I remember correctly there "may" have been a problem w/FS while installing, UNCABBING incorrectly giving bad file names. Is it so and is there a fix ??? OR.... Any other ideas ??Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Had this problem when I formated my C drive and did my new hardware - and then I had to complete reinstall of FS2002.... WORKS LIKE A CHARM NOW ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Had this problem when I formated my C drive and did my new>hardware - and then I had to complete reinstall of FS2002....>WORKS LIKE A CHARM NOW ALMOST!!!!!>Doesn't help,,, uninstalled and reinstalled FS 3 times now... Installing WIN XP was easier :-(Regards,Roman

FIXED IT !!! HAD TO COPY THE WORLD.CAB FROM CD3 TO LOCAL DRIVE, UNCAB THE #### AND COPY ALL THE FILES TO SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE..LIKE A CHARM....AFTER OVER 10 HOURS OF TRYING TO INSTALL A FRESH FS..:-)Regards,Roman