Sign in to follow this  
Guest PB737

Using Traffic View Board

Guest PB737

I like to use the great tool Traffic View Board to "follow" a flight from gate to gate and listen in to the ATC along the way. One annoying thing I've noticed is that there does not seem to be any yaw control on the AI plane you are following. The AI plane will fly along level for only a short time before it starts banking to the right or left and then suddenly it realizes that it is falling off course and corrects by banking hard in the opposite direction. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I would just like to see a plane flying level and only banking/turning when instructed to by ATC.Thanks in advance for any and all help! pb737

There is nothing wrong with TrafficViewBoard. What you are seeing is the winds aloft drifting the AI aircraft off course and the AI aircraft turning to meet the upcoming waypoint, then turning back to the great circle path. The cycle repeats as the turning is related to both the weight of the aircraft and the wind vector (direction & speed).If you look at the contrails of AI aircraft you'll notice they all do this turning effect as the contrails weave back and forth.If you want the plane flying level, turn off the winds aloft and the AI aircraft will fly the route without correcting. Bruce

Guest PB737

Bruce, Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it last night but still had the same problem. As soon as I got into FS2004 I went and unchecked download winds aloft in the settings. Then I went and setup a flight and followed a FedEx A300 from KMEM to KEWR with the same back and forth course corrections. It only seems to do this when at altitude. During climb and descent it flys straight as an arrow.Thanks, pb737

Guest PB737

Is there anything that can be done in the aircraft.cfg file that might help the stability during cruise? Again in and all input is appreciated. pb737

No, not that I know of. I don't think you are seeing instability, just weird ATC instructions.