Sign in to follow this  
737Best

World Airports 3

As all of you have probably seen, Just Flight has pre-released World Airports 3. What I can't believe is the price of it! With shipping it came out to be only like 43 bucks!!!! But what confuses me is if I bought each individual airport from Imaginesim, it would come out to be like over 100 bucks. So my question is how is this possible?! I'm not a fan of Imaginesim because their prices are so high but I must say this is a good deal for the quality. The best part is they picked really good airports to model! (They did a job somewhere in between a freeware scenery and Fly Tampa quality so it's not that bad!)Anyone else getting it or got it?

Guest jshyluk

Just Flight is primarily a distrubutor of flight sim products. I don't think they develop very many of their own products any more (I could be wrong), but they are very successful at repackaging applications made by other developers.Say you are a developer and you've got a decent add-on. The vast majority of developers are very small operations, from 1 to maybe a dozen employees tops. Distribution is very different from development. If you've pushed your budget to the limit making your product, you won't have money to spend on CDs or DVDs, printed packaging, printed manuals, software protection, and shipping to get your product on store shelves, not to mention finding buyers (either individuals or stores) that will take your product.Just Flight is like the other side of the coin. They specialize in distribution, not so much on development. They have a whole system in place to create boxed product and to put it on store shelves. The more products they can handle, the cheaper it becomes for them to do business on a wholesale basis. Although they have a presence in North America, they have a strong showing in Europe, where the demand for boxed add-ons is high. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM