Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Problems with New Forums

Hi Tom, Scott, and company. I'm having 3 issues with the new forum and would appreciate some help.1) I cannot remain logged in. Never had this problem with the older forums and nothing has changed on my system (that I'm aware of) since the new forums came on line. Is this no longer an option? No big deal, but a nuisance.2) Likewise, it doesn't seem possible to start with the threads collapsed, prior session settings do not seem to be retained unlike the previous. Again, small potatoes, but irritating.3) It is nice to be appreciated, and I do appreciate being appreciated, but it isn't necessary to welcome me to the new forums every day on bootup. Once was enough.I would be most grateful for information on how to address these irritants.Best Regards to all

That's what I thought also, and yes I am using a cookie manager (cookiewall); but, that hasn't changed from before and the AVISM cookie is still there in the always accept file. I can try disabling it, and see what happens.Thanks for the thought,

Well, that's obviously the issue. If I disable Cookiewall, then it will retain the settings; the AVSIM cookies for the forum is still there, but apparently the cookie is different. Don't understand why there appears to be no attempt to set the new cookie, but will play with and see.

Apparently if the AVSIM cookie is already present in Cookiewall, then Cookiewall recognizes the site, but there must be a difference in the cookie itself because AVSIM does not recognize it. For those of you who use Cookie Wall, the solution is to delete both of the AVSIM cookies and then allow AVSIM to set new ones. Thanks again, Ken.