Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liam

Does GoFlight hardware work with PSS a/c ?

Does the GF range, in particular, the MCP and the radio hardware that they offer work with the PSS 744 and 777 a/c?Any other comments about GF performance and compatibility within MSFS appreciated.Thanks!JS

Guest Mgarmy

All I can tell is that the PSS Dash and Airbus do not work, or work only partially with the GoFlight modules. It is for that reason that I do not use very often their products as I have invested a lot in the GoFlight hardware. I don't know how well, if at all the 744 and 777 are working with GF.Mannie

Guest Bud

Mannie,That's a bit harsh on G/F I think. I have 2 G/F P8s, 1 T8, the radio module and the landing gear/flaps. All of these are functionally employed on the PSS Dash 8. In the main, where the G/F units have a problem is with auto pilot functions, where these are non-standard as is the case with all the major commercial add on planes.However, with the latest release of the G/F driver, a key allocation function has been introduced whereby any key press can be allocated to the G/F P8s. This is to be extended to all of their units later in the Spring. I think most functions on the PSS planes are activated by mouse pointer. These can be converted to key presses using, say Key2Mouse, thus making them available to the G/F P8 units.Bud

Guest Mgarmy

Bud,What I meant was actually the other way around. I use the GF modules in almost any flight imaginable. They are probably my best investment so far as I am using them both in FS and Fly!. What I don't get is why PSS and others divert from the standard key controls for engaging autopilot and other similar functions. I can understand that some functions are unique but the majority is not.Thanks for the tip with Key2Mouse. How will you handle different configurations for different aircrafts?Mannie

Guest jaapverduijn

Mannie, key2mouse allows you to make/load different files for different aircraft. It's really a versatile program.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Bud

Mannie,I agree absolutely. My GoFlight modules certainly are worth the investment. Wouldn't fly without them. Jaap has answered your query I think - I've got k2m config files for about half a dozen different planes. The one I want to fly is loaded from the Key2Mouse entry in the Modules menu when I start FS.In theory, at least, we now have the capability to use GF P8s to handle anything.Bud

Guest Liam

I hear ya,I have also invested money into GF hardware, and now prefer to fly using some of the better freeware aircraft, opposed to using payware a/c and not being able to get the most out of my set up.If only the payware developers could keep things on an even keel, thus allowing those with the hardware to get the best from their products.In a nut shell reference PSS 747 and 777. The P8 and T8 work on functions like landing lights, pitot heat etc, but have no use at all with regards to autopilot function.RegardsLiam