Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirrus22

Saitek Yoke Problems (BSOD/Disconnect)

Hi all,After a couple of years on the CH yoke, I went ahead and bought the saitek yoke + switch panel + extra throttle unit. The yoke itself has been giving me trouble - I plug it in, and the LCD panel lights up fine, works fine, and it's recognised by windows as it should be, and works flawlessly in the calibration test system under XP/Vista.After a minute or two, it will go dead; the computer registering a disconnect, and the LCD display going blank. After another couple of minutes, it will 'connect' again, and after a couple of these cycles, I get a 'Blue Screen of Death', which flashes up too fast for me to read it.This occurs on my gaming PC, laptop (both running XP), and another laptop running vista. It happens both with and without drivers installed.I've tried it through a powered usb hub, but to no avail. Having the throttle unit connected makes no difference. (The extra USB throttle/switch panel do not cause problems).One thing I have noticed - The USB connector to the yoke seems a bit loose at the yoke end..I can gently pull it out/push it in about 5mm or so. Doing this while it's plugged in doesnt seem to expedite the crashing/disconnection though.Any ideas of what it might be? Given that its a hardware issue, I guess i'll have to return it. How's saitek's RMA department?Cheers!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Cirrus,After 2 years now i experience the same problem.I changed the usb cable of the yoke but nothing happened.As i understand i will have to buy a new one tomorrow.The fact is that i will have to wait.I suggest you to take it back to the shop you bought it.Really, i got so mad but i will buy the same. Return it and take a new one.