Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JollyRoger

IRIS Simulations / SIGMA Harrier - worth it?

Hi all!I spent some time at Simmarket the other day and came across the Harrier by IRIS Simulations (former SIGMA / DSB).There are some screenies there but very small and the user reviews aren't very useful. So that's why I'd like to ask the AVSIM community:Would anyone who bought the jump jet be so kind and put some screenshots here? Would also be great to have some infos about the external model, 2d panel, sound, flight dynamics, repaints.....Simmarket offers v2.50 (latest?) that came out in 2005 for about 25 bucks - is it worth the money?Many thanks!J.R.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all!I spent some time at Simmarket the other day and came across the Harrier by IRIS Simulations (former SIGMA / DSB).There are some screenies there but very small and the user reviews aren't very useful. So that's why I'd like to ask the AVSIM community:Would anyone who bought the jump jet be so kind and put some screenshots here? Would also be great to have some infos about the external model, 2d panel, sound, flight dynamics, repaints.....Simmarket offers v2.50 (latest?) that came out in 2005 for about 25 bucks - is it worth the money?Many thanks!J.R.
It is a nice model but does not have that much VC fucntionality. One hiccup to the model though is that it is missing the under-fuselage gun mounts. I believe David had a computrer issue and lost the source files so these could not be added later. There aren't exactly many Harrier options though for FS so choices are limited at best. It is a rather dated release (relatively speaking), but it is not half bad. If I was going to buy a military aircraft for FS9 (of the jet variety) from Iris, my favorite is still the Iris F-14. I love it! The FSX version looks awesome as well. Everything I have seen/heard about it seems pretty good. You might want to check out the Iris forums for more information on their aircraft. It is a friendly group over there.Sorry I can't be of more help!

It is a nice model but does not have that much VC fucntionality. One hiccup to the model though is that it is missing the under-fuselage gun mounts. I believe David had a computrer issue and lost the source files so these could not be added later. There aren't exactly many Harrier options though for FS so choices are limited at best. It is a rather dated release (relatively speaking), but it is not half bad. If I was going to buy a military aircraft for FS9 (of the jet variety) from Iris, my favorite is still the Iris F-14. I love it! The FSX version looks awesome as well. Everything I have seen/heard about it seems pretty good. You might want to check out the Iris forums for more information on their aircraft. It is a friendly group over there.Sorry I can't be of more help!
Thanks for your answer. I think I'll give the jump jet a try.Oh yeah I saw the Cat from IRIS... AWESOME! But I heard that it was not that easy on frame rates (and my machine is also a "dated release - relatively speaking"). :( Greets!