Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Scenery library object not found?

After installing some addons, everytime I would start a flight, I would get this error message: "Scenery library object not found", and then a whole list of nunbers. I would hit the OK button, and at least ten more such windows would show up, so I kept OKaying them until no more appeared. Then FS ran normally. Occasionally these windows would show up when changing planes.How do I deal with this annoyance?EytanTJSJ

Guest firehawk44

Your scenery addons are not properly installed, either for the scenery or the aircraft. It would help to know exactly what aircraft you were flying and where you were located when the error message(s) occurred. Make sure you have a "Scenery" and "Texture" folder for each addon scenery in your FS2K2/Addon Scenery/. Place any .bgl files in your scenery folder and any .bmp files in your texture folder. For instance, a St Louis addon would be installed as follows:FS2K2/Addon Scenery/St Louis/Scenery (place .bgl's here)FS2K2/Addon Scenery/St Louis/Texure (place .bmp's here)Many addon sceneries have nothing in the texture folder but the folder is still required for each addon. Once the folders have been properly installed in your FS2K2 directory, you need to start FS2K2, goto Scenery Library, and add the scenery. If the above was already completed properly, check your Scenery.cfg file in the main FS2K2 directory and make sure the "Area" and "Layer" numbering is in numerical sequence. I have found this config file sometimes gets corrupted when adding several sceneries at one time. Area numbers will be duplicated or do not match the Layer number. Hope this helps. Jim

Actually, this happened when I installed the PIC B767. The installation was a disaster; i.e. no texture file was installed under that a/c folder, so I had no planes to fly as there wwere no visual models.Could this be related?Eytan

Guest firehawk44

Check your Scenery Library and make sure you have a scenery entitled "767 Pilot in Command". The .bgl and textures should be located in the following directory: FS2K2/Scenery/767 Pilot in Command/Scenery and Texture. You might want to check this directory and make sure the directory exists.Jim

Yes, that directory exists.Actually this problem exists with any aircraft I select, and then hit the FLY BUTTON. It doesn't mattwer where I take off from.I cleaned up the ADDON SCENERY library- I had two unimportant folders there, and made sure I deleted them in the scenery library.Now I get at least 10 error messgaes before the flight loads up. VERY frustrating.I have the VFR Photorealistic scenery for S.E. England, and a GB airports demo installed. These have the texture files present. So I can'r figure out where the missing library objects are .Eytan

I had this same problem some time ago and it turned out that somehow the "Propeller Objects" entry in the scenery config had become corrupt.Made sure it is turned on "true" through the scenery libary. Hope this helps.Clive M.

Hate to say this, but when all else fails, it's back to he good ol' fashioned solution-REINSTALL!FS works like a dream now.Eytan