Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EngineRoom

Downloading Historical Weather

I prefer to fly offline using historical weather data. In the past I have done with with ASV6.5 with no problems at all.However, now with ASA I have found some problems and things I think could be done a little better:i) I just tried to download the weather for a 24 hour period, but ASA only produced ONE file for ONE hour. This problem has already been reported on this forum: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...p;hl=historicalCan someone at HiFi please confirm this problem is being looked into?ii) In ASV6.5 it was possible to "block download" historical weather date. This was a real help for users such as myself who like to download weather for an entire day. However, with ASA I have to manually enter a line for each date/time. This is very time consuming and tedious, especially if I want to download multiple days. The problem is compounded by (i) where the multiple download doesn't work correctly. I have used the suggestion form on the HiFi website asking for block downloading to be added to the programme. It would be nice to know whether or not it is planned to add this feature.I sincerely hope HiFi are looking into these issues and can make ASA a little more useful and user friendly for users who fly with historical data.Thanks,Nick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!