Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BFLANN

Loading PMDG 737 seris

Hi All,I have been using the 737-600 package solely in an external drive for sometime ( FS9 ), lately I have added the 737-800 seris into the external drive but Im getting some conflict and if anyone knows of an obvious tweak to allow the 800 addon to run smooth please reply.To assist....I uninstalled both 737-600 packages from C and external drive. Then I loaded both 700/800 packages into the external drive (B drive). When I tried to run the programe no it would crash after the 800 was on the apron for 3or4 seconds? So I load up again with the same result. I then uninstalled all from B drive and loaded again the main C drive with both all is well here naturally.So to the guru's out there given that I ran the 737-600 series on my B drive it must surely be possible to run the 800 seris alongside the 600 in the B drive? Big issue here is you only get the option to browse to destination drive once, this lead me to think that I should unistall 600/800 from my man C drive to enable me to choose where I want them to load i.e. into my B drive, which I did but as Ive explained something is creating a conflict in the external B drive when I try to load FS9?I have seen the caution popup from PMDG about making sure when loading the packages that the browser is pointed to the main hard drive C in this case, so what I really need to know is ,....Is it possible to internally tweak the PMDG installation file to install in a guided external drive?Having used the 6/700 series on an external drive devoted to FS9 I can state that the experience is very worthwhile. With no other programes on the drive the performance is clear.Berne AFA3564

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!