Sign in to follow this  
Guest GTAA

Wing Views

Rafal, I think Paul (taylorhockeyman) is suffering from a case of mistaken identity... :DIf you look at GTAA's second post, the childish "scream scream" one, you will see that GTAA quoted you. Your name is still in the quote, and I think Paul mistook you as being GTAA...
Rafal, my most sincere apology, Andrew hit it spot on - I have completely mistaken identity. GTAA was on the receiving end of that one, NOT you. Sheesh...I feel dumb...maybe if I can fly a plane I could read?? Nah...it's probably too much to ask...GTAA - they charge the same because of the simple reason that the FS9 MD-11 was actually MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to program than the FSX MD-11. If you had been following the updates throughout the developing process you would know, just as all of us that DID follow the post, that PMDG ran into many programming limitations posed by FS9. They had NO CHOICE but to drop the wing-view option. On top of that, they had to completely reprogram the virtual cockpit lighting because of polygon limitation in FS9. DESPITE THIS the FS9 MD11 is FAR SUPERIOR to anything previously released for FS9. Now, we need to make something EXTREMELY CLEAR here - PMDG explicitly told their customers here in this forum that they had decided to tone down the complexity of the EXTERIOR model to help with frame rates. Their train of thought, with which I agree, is that they would rather have the brains of the operation in the COCKPIT, which, coincidentally, is where the airplane is controlled. So, YES, there are better exterior modeled aircraft on the market. I'm not going to argue with you there, but the flight dynamics and system programming are unparalleled. And as a pilot, I reiterate that THIS is what matters to me. There is no need to argue further about this. I, PMDG, and I'm sure all others who have read this post APOLOGIZE that you misunderstood what specs of the aircraft prior to purchase. As stated previously, as they are two different aircraft, there are two different links for product info.FS9 link: http://precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/pro...9/md11_fs9.html, which contains no reference at all to wing views.FSX link: http://precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/prod/fsx/md11.html, which cites wing views.Misunderstanding aside, I can't tell you enough that you REALLY DO own an amazing product. I challenge you to CHALLENGE YOURSELF to sit down, read the manuals, and learn how to fly this baby. You'll learn more about aviation than ever would have PREVIOUSLY been possible outside of the airlines. With that being said, happy simming, hope to see you in the virtual skies someday.Paul

Paul,I think you hit the GTAA nail well and truly on the head...Andrew