Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paulc1

Changing Runway Selection

Guest Paulc1

Hi,I have set my local airport as the start point in free flight. Is it possible to choose which end of the runway I start at or do I just taxi there. Most departures would be from r/w 20 rather than 02.

Hello,choose the runway you want and save this as standard flight.Now I think, you have selected "active runway"?Or you choose a special gate, thats an other possibility.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,I have set my local airport as the start point in free flight. Is it possible to choose which end of the runway I start at or do I just taxi there. Most departures would be from r/w 20 rather than 02.
On the screen where you select the airport, you can also select your starting position (at the right bottom of the screen: default is active runway). Depending on the airport you can choose runways, gates and parking places. Simply choose the runway you want and that's it. When you actually are at that runway, you can save the flight and enebale the Make this flight default option (or something like that): from then on you will always start at your airport and on the right runway (and also with the same plane, weather and various other conditions).

Guest Paulc1
On the screen where you select the airport, you can also select your starting position (at the right bottom of the screen: default is active runway). Depending on the airport you can choose runways, gates and parking places. Simply choose the runway you want and that's it. When you actually are at that runway, you can save the flight and enebale the Make this flight default option (or something like that): from then on you will always start at your airport and on the right runway (and also with the same plane, weather and various other conditions).
Many thanks - will have a look at that tonight

Guest jshyluk

The Active Runway is based on wind direction. If you change the wind using the Weather menu, the active runway should change as well. You want to take off and land into the wind as much as possible.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM