Sign in to follow this  
Guest evanxmcr

sinking into the ground

Guest evanxmcr

im in fsx acceleration landing at runway 33 L at pearson international (CYYZ) im in an extra 300 s doing an average aproach and landing at a low speed at a nice angle. i did not crash but on the runway as i started to slow with the engine off the front wheels stayed up yet the back tail wheel sunk followed by the rest of the back half of the plane as if into water. this is the second time it has happened, once with the extra 300 s and once with a jumbo jet. I was wondering if this was a glitch or caused by my own flying and if it is a glitch, how do i fix it?

evanxmcr, I don't know the solution but only to say I too had my aircraft sinking into the ground instead of the crash routine. It does not happen always in a bad landing but sometimes. Shri

Guest evanxmcr

thanks to know im not the only one:)

Guest firehawk44
im in fsx acceleration landing at runway 33 L at pearson international (CYYZ) im in an extra 300 s doing an average aproach and landing at a low speed at a nice angle. i did not crash but on the runway as i started to slow with the engine off the front wheels stayed up yet the back tail wheel sunk followed by the rest of the back half of the plane as if into water. this is the second time it has happened, once with the extra 300 s and once with a jumbo jet. I was wondering if this was a glitch or caused by my own flying and if it is a glitch, how do i fix it?
I did all I could to replicate this with the Extra and could not. Do you have an addon for this airport? I have the default airport plus UTX Canada installed. Raising or lowering the Mesh Resolution slider will cause the ground to rise and fall and this is the slider you may have to work with; however, I tried the slider all the way to the right and all the way to the left and could not get the aircraft to sink on 33L so I'm thinking you have an addon. I recently bought Manhattan X and the AI aircraft in the area were sunken until I moved the mesh resolution slider to 152m. Jim

Guest evanxmcr

it is not an add on. and im saying in the specific incident it was on runway 33 but it has happened on other runways. i said that in specific because sometimes people say im not specific enough to answer there question.

It usually means that the runway surface is not the same altitude as the underlying terrain, that is why the question was asked regarding an airport addon, it could also be caused by an add on mesh for the same reason.