Sign in to follow this  
Guest kurtj

iFDG 757-200 v2 Gmax Flight Dynamics RFC

Hello pilots!This is a request for comments concerning the flight dynamics of the new 757-200 model by iFDG. Are you enjoying the dynamics? Do they seem realistic or do you think there are areas that need work?I've been comparing the old FSDS releases against the new model. I've not put enough time into the new model to make any authoritative judgements, and I've not been keeping good notes yet. However, so far my insticts are suggesting the engine dynamics need adjusting.The engines seem much different from the older FSDS model, and perhaps not for the better. It seems a greater percent N1 is required for the same performance on takeoff roll and for initial climb. Climbs seem anemic with power above 100% N1 throughout an 1800fpm initial climb, and with final climbs requiring a firewalling of the throttles and rates of 500fpm or even a little less!At cruise altitude, I've noted that fuel flow maxed out at about 4563 pph/engine at 99% N1. Max N1 was 103%. Did I get the remaining little bit of power for free?On the other side of the throttle, fuel flow bottomed out at the same altitude at 1180 pph/engine at 74% N1! Reducing the throttle the remaining travel got N1 down to a minimum of 32%. 1180pph at 74% N1? That seems far-fetched. Also I think the range of fuel flows should spread more along the range of power settings. The FTD 757-200 model showed decidedly different behavior. As did the old iFDG FSDS models. Whose is more accurate?Do the real 757-200's register 104% N1 to just maintain 230KIAS when climbing up from FL300 to FL350 at 500fpm?Finally, it seems that to maintain Boeing's published typical cruise of M.80, near 100% N1 is required at FL350.During climbout one flight, I was actually able to get behind the airplane's power curve at FL290, such that maximum power was not enough to hold my airspeed in level flight. It sank through 150KIAS before I was forced to descend to FL260 to build enough speed back to try the climb again.I'm working from memory of some initial flights that are days old now, so I may be inaccurate.My early and uneducated opinion is that the model is the best yet, but the flight dynamics are less accurate than previous releases.Please fly and post your impressions!I will say that this is my very favorite visual model to date. The FTD model is nice too, but just tooo dense for useable frame rates. I don't really think all those extra polygons really add much to the model's total look either.

Guest kurtj

That doesn't sound to accurate to me. I use the ffg 757 and use their flight dynamics for RRoyce or PWs and they seem to be more accurate to me. I am wondering if you can download the ffg's flight dynamics and install it into the IFDG 757 to make the dynamics more accurate. You may have to rename something in the aircraft.cfg to link it to the ifdg aircraft, that I don't know. If anyone can help in this area that would be helpful.Thanks,