Sign in to follow this  
Guest Topy

FS9 CTD

Guest Topy

One simple idea: passing from 2 to 4 GB of RAM ? Would it be helpful ?Regarding the price of RAMs today ...

Guest belga1

HelloMethink it will be a nice move IF :

that its lesser evil to install a 64bit system, and let fs9 have a virtual space of 4GB, covering basically EVERY memory scenario.
Regards.bye.gif

One simple idea: passing from 2 to 4 GB of RAM ? Would it be helpful ?Regarding the price of RAMs today ...
No difference concerning OOM. For sure more responsive, but if you don't install 64bit OS, you won't be able to give FS9 complete 4GB.You can test with /3GB switch, to see if it works better and doesn't crash.Process Explorer is a separate application:http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessExplorer.zipAfter installation, go menu, view, select columns, deactivate basically all except Virtual Size (under Process Memory). On the main page, find fs9.exe and you will see Virtual Size column beside it. You will see FS9 start with something between 800-1000MB. Observer how this number behaves.

Guest Topy

I applied the 3 GB patch.Nice soft about process explorer, Word Not Allowed, thanks a lot. Is there a way to record a chart with only fs9.exe virtual memory usage ? I've been looking for a way, but can't.I'm currently flying from/to "light" airport and PMDG Beechcraft to see if my system goes fine. I'll try much harder tomorrow.

Guest Topy

So, after 6 long hauls (10+) from/to memory killing airports, no OOM crash. I cross my fingers.What I did: - deleting all empty files.- recreating my scenery.cfg from scratch.- applying the 3GB switch.- monitoring XP during the flights, in case an OOM occurs.Will keep you informed.

Guest Peertjeheavyjet

Hi GuysI'm having almost same problems, after searching and googeling more then hours over the internet i decided to post as well.I'm having:XP64bit proAsus M2N-SLI deluxewith a AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core processor4gb memoryand 9800GTX club 3D Graphics card.After a totally clean install on this computer, today i finally started a test flight from: EHAM (Cloud9) to EGLL (from Aerosoft) without AES.Flew a PMDG MD11 and after a normal take off, started descend and on final APP contacting the tower, geardown moment OOM. " Your'e computer has run out of Memory, pls" etc etc. I tried the 4Gb patch but this result in a not starting FS9.1 i further use: Ground Enviroment (flight1)FS Global 2008Flight EnviromentTracker IRand Active Sky Enhanced (Hifisim)WOAI trafficRadar Contact.My Question, is it usefull to perform the 3Gb switch in a 64Bits system? And how is it possible that my FS9 won't start after the 4gb patch? Anyone with the same problem. On my old system the XP32bits it worked, after the 3Gb switch and 4Gb patch. No OOM's anymore. This was a verry short flight 35minutes, so the long haul flight thing with lots of texture loading is not affective in my case.I hope we our someone can help me out. Peter

So, after 6 long hauls (10+) from/to memory killing airports, no OOM crash. I cross my fingers.What I did: - deleting all empty files.- recreating my scenery.cfg from scratch.- applying the 3GB switch.- monitoring XP during the flights, in case an OOM occurs.Will keep you informed.
Topy, it depends heavily on what aircraft you fly too, and its textures. Heavier they are, more chance it will OOM.It is also dependable on routes, and airports you fly from/to.I suggest you keep monitoring with the process explorer, especially before landing, and write down, or make screenshots of process explorer, with virtual size visible. There is no log to my knowledge.You can also measure the virtual size when it OOMed, but FS is not yet closed.
My Question, is it usefull to perform the 3Gb switch in a 64Bits system? And how is it possible that my FS9 won't start after the 4gb patch? Anyone with the same problem. On my old system the XP32bits it worked, after the 3Gb switch and 4Gb patch. No OOM's anymore.
How did you apply the 4GB patch? Did you use a program that patches automatically, or did you use CFF Explorer for changing it manually??

Topy, it depends heavily on what aircraft you fly too, and its textures. Heavier they are, more chance it will OOM.It is also dependable on routes, and airports you fly from/to.I suggest you keep monitoring with the process explorer, especially before landing, and write down, or make screenshots of process explorer, with virtual size visible. There is no log to my knowledge.You can also measure the virtual size when it OOMed, but FS is not yet closed.How did you apply the 4GB patch? Did you use a program that patches automatically, or did you use CFF Explorer for changing it manually??
Try running a ram clearing utility like maxmem before you start fs9,this can help sometimes.

Try running a ram clearing utility like maxmem before you start fs9,this can help sometimes.
Sorry to say, tried more than one such utility in cases of OOMs, they bring absolutely nada. I guess such utilities are searching for files occupying RAM which are not loaded any more. FS9 is using everything it can.