Sign in to follow this  
Guest brknlinn

DWC Problems

Guest brknlinn

I think this has been talked about in other posts but I can

Hi,I answered your e-mail. After we get that straightened out, I suggest a flight with DWC off. I know you are probably going to get wild wind shifts, but I wonder about your destination weather.Also, remember with the ASA patch you need to manually do an AI refresh for ATIS to have the correct data. Yes, it is normal for the winds to change slowly.Thanks!

Guest brknlinn

Hi JimThanks for responding here and to my e-mail.I have tried this same flight with the same weather with the DWC turned off and the winds are correct at the departure field & destination field. The winds aloft are not even close to what is reported. Anywhere from 60 to 120 degrees and 10 to 20 kts off of what is reported. Also the clouds do not appear the way they should. There are lots of clear open spots where it should be a solid overcast. The wind shifts are completely unrealistic and almost un-flyable.As mentioned in my previous post when using DWC the wind at the departure field starts off incorrectly but does swing around to the reported direction after 3 or 4 minutes. If this is normal, I can live with that. That

Hi,Yes, the slow shift of the winds is normal so that we don't get fast shifts while aloft.Thanks,