Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

PSS 777-200 Autopilot

Does anyone out there have the World Airliners PSS 777-200? (Package also includes the 747-400.) If so, what is the trick to using the autopilot and MCP? I just started experimenting and practicing with the 777 but I can't seem to get the A/P to work. Sometimes the A/P switch lights up and others it only flashes briefly and doesn't seem to turn on. Also, I tried V/S mode, speed mode, etc. and the lights come on indicating they are working (with the A/P switch off) but the plane ignores the set speed, heading, and altitude and just passes them out. I think I have tried every combination of switches. The manual tells what the switches are used for but doesn' go any further as the well written Dreamfleet 737 manual does. Could someone please tell me if I am missing something? Thanks.

Guest pagotan

Hi,It is a bit difficult to give you an advise without knowing your installation. Are you starting cold and dark? It may be a good advise to start cold and dark following the manual. This will make sure everything is properly switched before entering in the flight deck routing setup. If you want a hand give more details of your start up and we shall work out a short flight with flight plan.Michael

Thanks Mike. I tried cold and dark as well as ready to taxi. I never used the FMC. I just wanted to get the feel of the aircraft and tried several takeoffs. I tried turning on the A/P after takeoff. Once it clicked on and later I got an unexpected autopilot disconnect warning without pressing anything. Later I did a reset and several takeoffs but could not get the A/P to click on. I was able to use the other MCP switches such as V/S and speed, but the plane ignored all parameters for speed and altitude and heading as if the A/P was not active. Regards, Tom

i own the pss 777-200 and this does the trick1) select the cessna 172 ( just because is faster )2) switch on the avionics3) select the pss acftalso, turn extend batery life in fsiupchappy flyingPedro Leite

Guest pagotan

right! I remember having read ages ago that on some systems you cannot open PSS 777-200 directly. You must start FS2002 with the default aircraft and then switch to PSS. Strange enough I don't need to do that on my system.Michael

Thanks for all the help guys. The FSUIPC extend battery life did the trick for me! Now my autopilot works fine. Thanks again! Regards, Tom