Sign in to follow this  

Simflyers + FS2004: ACOF = ???

Hi - I'm so excited Its like like 2 weeks till ACOF is out for sale...tomorrow I'm going to call up my local 24 Hour Wallmart and find out if I'm there at midnight if I can get the game, not such a bad idea, eh? Anyway, getting down to business...over these last few days I've been looking at my FS2002 aircraft deciding what I want to carry over what I want to get rid of, etc. and I was thinking about what I'm going to do with my simflyers scenerey (which is great, almost perfect)...I'm looking for some advice on what I should do with it, what are you doing? Also, I read on Simflyers Website (www.simflyers.net) that they will be creating a new installer (which will be given free to current and feture scenery owners), now from roumers I have been hearing, FS2004 will be GMAX ONLY (now I'm not sure if this is good or bad) does that mean the Simflyers will be upgrading their scenery? I know it takes a lot of work and time to make a scenery but a lot has changed at some of Simflyers airports (new Rws, new Control Tower, new terminals etc) since these sceneries have been created by simflyers. I think that it would be nice if Simflyers will take the time (along with a few hundred+ very, very happy volunteers, I know I would be the 1st to join) to update some of older sceneries, (KEWR, KPHL, KIAD, KMCO, ETC...) Feel Free to post your feedback and let me know what your doing. I'd love to hearThanks Again

It seems like no one at Simflyers has a copy of FS2004 yet, so not even they are sure what's going to happen. I also read somewhere that the GMAX issue might only apply to aircraft, but I'm not sure about that. Looks like we're just gonna have to sit and wait.

FSDS2 is also supported and I've heard from a couple of folks who said they dropped a couple of their airports directly into ACoF and they worked fine except for the AI aircraft not parking where they should. It looks like any patches required will be minor though.Glenn

That sounds kewl...thanks for the info. Now that we know about the scenery compatibility, now maybe we should try to talk Simflyers into updating some of the scenery, possibially. I know it may take some time but it is sure to bring back some older purchers back for more great simflyers scenery. Again, as I mentioned before, I'm sure simflyers will get a lot of support from past holders and feture holders, in upgrading the sceneries. Let me give some examples on things that might be fixed if simflyers upgrades its sceneries.@ KEWR - Smoothing out the lines on the taxi ways (the same thing for a few other airpoarts.@ KMCO - Maybe the technology is there to have animated monerails that go from the gate area to the centeral terminal?some otehr misc. wishes for all airpoarts:maybe some animated cars that go in and out of the airport?---------------I know that if simflyers will concider this I will do whatever I can to help. Thanks Again

I forgot to mention what would be the nicest thing simflyers can do and that would be to find another way to set up the jetway, B/c I usually have my radios tuned at the gate and its a tough decision weather to listen to the ATC or use the jetway. Thanks again for l:):)king

The GMAX only thing is nonsense. I have seen screenshots of Simflyers KJFK and some of the German Airports series sceneries in FS2004 ACOF and they looked fine. None of these were done with GMAX or FSDS2. Some have ground textures flickering issues, but that is something that we have seen with every new release of FS. Nothing that a little patch won't fix usually. Misha