Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heesh

Generator Drive Disc

Guest Heesh

Hey there, today I clicked more or less accidently twice on the GEN DRIVE 1 DISC button in the MD-11. Because it was accidently I wanted to reverse the action but the button doesnt respond anymore. I searched the manuals and there it says that the generator can only be connected by maintance personel or via the CFDS screen in the MCDU. But everytime I want to click the CFDS button it says "NOT ALLOWED". I startet in cold&dark cockpit. Do I have to initialise something first to use the CFDS? :( I have no idea to get the CFDS working :( Help appreciatedRegards Martin

The manual is partially correct. You need to have the aircraft on the ground and engines shut down for maintenance to re-set the IDGs. This is accomplished by actually going to the engine driven integrated drive generators and pulling on a plunger which resets a spring loaded drive. You cannot do it through the CFDS. PMDG did not model the CFDS, so theres nothing you can do through that menu.To reconnect your GEN DRIVE, go to the Add-Ons menu, select PMDG then Options, and at the bottom youll see an option to reset the GEN DRIVE. Just click on it and be careful not to disconnect them accidentally again!!