Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlaam

Noticed a Couple New Things on MD-11

PA light comes on at times I guess to simulate comms to PAX.Wipers work and display in 2D cockpit! I never knew before! Cool feature,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PA light comes on at times I guess to simulate comms to PAX.Wipers work and display in 2D cockpit! I never knew before! Cool feature,
Ya I saw that last night too w/ wipers in 2d....I have not totally finished reading the 1000 plus pages but that was a suprise. Wish they could patch that into 747 as well and add the loading equipment for the MD-11 seen w/ 747F. Have you noticed the movie light comes on as well? I sometimes wonder if I ever learn everything with all the acrft I fly. Ha

Ya I saw that last night too w/ wipers in 2d....I have not totally finished reading the 1000 plus pages but that was a suprise. Wish they could patch that into 747 as well and add the loading equipment for the MD-11 seen w/ 747F. Have you noticed the movie light comes on as well? I sometimes wonder if I ever learn everything with all the acrft I fly. Ha
Well, I'm the same way. I guess we do ourselve a disservice by having so many add-on planes that really take a fair or great amount of knowledge to master, but I can't help it. I actually only own a few, but at least 6 of them are as complex as the MD-11 is. I did notice the movie light, however, the LDS 767 does this as well. I don't recall if the original 767PIC did, but I don't think so. The PA light is a nice touch though.As for the wipers, I honestly never though to try them in 2D. No add-on has ever done it that I'm aware, and most said they couldn't. I found out by using the Shift and number keys bring up a panel in spot view, and when I went back to the cockpit view, the FCP was gone but a wiper was there. So when I got the panel back to normal I tried the wiper knob, and it worked!! Cool.