Sign in to follow this  
Guest rchwallace

ATC Runways and AFCAD

Guest rchwallace

Hello All,I am posting this here because I recon that the scenery designers of this world would be the "experts" for this question.I have an issue with one airport I use regularly. PANC (Anchorage Alaska). In FS the ATC chooses to use runway 32 "alot" depending on the weather. Now I am using AS6 I think so am getting real world weather but my issue is that they dont use that runway in real life for landing. Normally you will get stuffed into a crosswind on 07. Anyway, I have gone into AFCAD editor and edited the runway to say dont use for landing or whatever but there is no change. I get there with light winds or something and they are dumping me onto runway 32 instead of 07.To the gods of flight simulator scenery design.......... how do I change this, please.CheersRon

Try a search for "crosswind runways". It's the only technique of which I'm aware that has any affect on this problem.

Art

Guest rchwallace
Try a search for "crosswind runways". It's the only technique of which I'm aware that has any affect on this problem.
Hey Art,Thanks for the post... unfortunately after re-reading my post I realize now that I did not specify that I am using FS9, sorry. I did the search but found only info which was related to ADE and FSX.Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.RegardsRon

Okay Ron. I always forget when I'm outside the FSX forum. Although I also use FS9, I've never attempted to address this problem in it and havn't seen any discussion of it.

Art