Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Peter Sidoli

Shock and what to do now?

Hi, Its a long time since I posted here or have even followed whats happening in the FS world. A london flat, Lap Top and real world flying meant that FS was sidelined for me. having started to think about a PC and setting up FSX again I was horrified to see the news about FSX.While it is great that so many especially addon companies are up beat about what they can do with FSX in the future I feel despondent especially looking at the old sims now. Pro Pilot, Flight unlimited etc. Now years out of date and it shows.FSX 5 years from now? What future the addon companies without an evolving FSX? Surely someone can take on MSFS with all the code and take it forward for 10 15 years?X plane does X plane have the potential to go forward?What is the future of FS as I am sure its not MSFS unless someone takes over the shooting match?Apart from that concern I hope all the people I knew here are well? and hopefully I will get more grounded and rejoin you in the hobby in not the too far future.Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi peter, I miss your wonderful photos from the Seneca! What worry's me most about the abandonment of MSFS,is who will fix the core of FSX to allow it to take full advantage of the hardware we have now?(multicores,SLI,)This sim will never grow with the advancing hardware.Did not M$ not know that processors were not growing in frequency,but were going to attain more cores? Welcome Back!