Sign in to follow this  
Nige

Visual C++ Runtime Error - PSS 777xxx

Apologies if this question has already been answered elsewhere - I searched the forums and found nothing.I have the Just Flight disc version of the 777 - patched to SP2. I've had it a few years now, but only recently got round to using it.The problem is, that when I use the CDU to import an FS Flight plan, either FS9 closes silently, or I get a Stop dialog referencing a Visual C++ overflow runtime error, and then FS9 closes.I've reinstalled the 777 from scratch, and I start FS9 with a default aircraft before loading the 777.Does anyone have any ideas please?ThanksNige

Guest lgvpilot1
Apologies if this question has already been answered elsewhere - I searched the forums and found nothing.I have the Just Flight disc version of the 777 - patched to SP2. I've had it a few years now, but only recently got round to using it.The problem is, that when I use the CDU to import an FS Flight plan, either FS9 closes silently, or I get a Stop dialog referencing a Visual C++ overflow runtime error, and then FS9 closes.I've reinstalled the 777 from scratch, and I start FS9 with a default aircraft before loading the 777.Does anyone have any ideas please?ThanksNige
No never met this problem before !When you import the plan is it a FS generated plan or an external generated plan such as FSBuild for example ?I know you stated FSPlan but FSBuild exports its plans to the default directory as well .Mark

No never met this problem before !When you import the plan is it a FS generated plan or an external generated plan such as FSBuild for example ?I know you stated FSPlan but FSBuild exports its plans to the default directory as well .Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.I found a few other references by searching more specifically for the "buffer overflow detected!" error message.Going by the other posts, there were a few steps to try - the error was being generated at the press of the "FS Flight Pln" button on the CDU - so not likely to be the plan itself ( I use FSNav btw).I deleted and archived most of the flights in the default flights folder, and the problem is now solved, but thanks again.Nige

Guest lgvpilot1

Thank you for the answerI have proposed the very same solution for similar problems in the past and been shot down in flames for it :( That was why I asked about your flight planner Before I commited myself to the "crime "of suggesting you delete your default flightplansGood to see you found a similar issue , and better still that you fixed it Mark

Thank you for the answerI have proposed the very same solution for similar problems in the past and been shot down in flames for it :( That was why I asked about your flight planner Before I commited myself to the "crime "of suggesting you delete your default flightplansGood to see you found a similar issue , and better still that you fixed it Mark
Thanks.I actually sent off a support request to Just Flight on this issue and they replied with the same answer, so I take that as confirmation that this is the definitive solution to this particular issue.It was the "overflow" part that made me think that the default flights folder contents were a problem.Nige

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.