Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft Editor Question???

Why would I all of the sudden not be able to see any new aircraft that I add to the aircraft folder in the aircraft editor?Today I added a few planes and edited them fine. When I added the next one, it wouldn't show up in the list on the aircraft editor. It isn't an issue with it just being a texture file. I tried a few more and still no new additions show up in the editor. Any ideas???

The Aircraft Editor has a limit! I recommend you make a new folder called aircraft.test and copy all your default fs2002 aircraft to this folder.Next rename your fs2002aircraft folder to aircraft.normal. Rename aircraft.test to aircraft.Restart fs2002 and make sure the only aircraft you can now select are the fs2002 default aircraft. If so, copy the aircraft you want to edit into the aircraft folder. Restart Aircraft Editor, and see if the new aircraft is present. Make your changes and close Aircraft Editor.Rename aircraft to aircraft.test then rename aircraft.normal to aircraft. Copy the aircraft you modified from aircraft.test to aircraft.I know this is busy but it is one of the limitations of the Aircraft Editor. Another is that Aircraft Editor will add new sections to your *.air file that cause undesireable aerodynamic effects. You need to use another tool, such as AIRED152 - http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html to remove sections 1539 to 1546.

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.It appears as if the new aircraft was showing up in the aircraft editor after all. But for some odd reason all new additions are showing up willy nilly... The newest additions used to be on the bottom. But now the seem to appear anywhere...