Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

Just got it - On startup I get this message - Help

Guest rdg

HiDuring the opening dialog screen I get the following message."You must have FSX SP1 or SP2 simconnect client installed in order to use FSX mode with ASA."I have FSX SP2 installed, but reading this carefully I think it is saying I need "SP2 simconnect client"Everythings seems to work fine, but not sure what is meant by "FSX mode" Can you help?RegardsBob G

Hi,FSX mode means you have chosen FS version = FSX versus FS9. I assume you are using this with FSX? Your mode is correct in this case.As to the error, this indicates that the managed simconnect client SP2 or SP1 could not be found properly installed. This does happen sometimes associated to FSX installer issues. You can fix it by following the guide in the ASA documentation for simconnect troubleshooting. In a nutshell, you should uninstall the SP2 update, and/or repair your FSX installation (add/remove programs), then reinstall the SP2 update. Alternatively, if you have FSX Deluxe, you can install the SDK, update it to SP2A (from www.fsinsider.com) then run the simconnect.msi file found in your SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib folder which will make sure your SimConnect SP2 client is properly installed on that machine.Does this help?Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest rdg
Hi,FSX mode means you have chosen FS version = FSX versus FS9. I assume you are using this with FSX? Your mode is correct in this case.As to the error, this indicates that the managed simconnect client SP2 or SP1 could not be found properly installed. This does happen sometimes associated to FSX installer issues. You can fix it by following the guide in the ASA documentation for simconnect troubleshooting. In a nutshell, you should uninstall the SP2 update, and/or repair your FSX installation (add/remove programs), then reinstall the SP2 update. Alternatively, if you have FSX Deluxe, you can install the SDK, update it to SP2A (from www.fsinsider.com) then run the simconnect.msi file found in your SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib folder which will make sure your SimConnect SP2 client is properly installed on that machine.Does this help?Best,
Hi,First of all, I have a good install of FSX. It is running SP2. Some of the advice here to uninstall and resinstall SP2 is not the answer. My FSX install is good and recognized by other software. The problem is not with FSX it is with ASA. I am not running ASA on a client anyway. Maybe the next question is whether or not simconnect is needed when ASA is not running on a client?The only difference in my FSX installation is that it is not installed in the default directory, and it is installed on a different drive than the OS. Maybe the ASA code at some level does not recognize this, although the FSX/SP2 reg entries are in tack. Bob