Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How do I silence "descent callout"?

Fellow simmers, I have a unique problem. In some planes so equipped, the "descent callout" ("500" - "400" - "300" - "200" - etc.)is SO loud out of speaker #3 (4 speakers plus sub) on my new Dell system that it is disturbing to others in adjoining rooms. I can't adjust volume on this one set of sounds on my keyboard. It just seems OVERLY loud compared to engine, cockpit, and environment sounds. Please tell me how to either control or eliminate these sounds. I'd prefer controlling them rather than losing them. Thanks, Stan

I dont know how to make them any quieter but if you want to remove them from your system go into fs2002, find you sounds folder and find the necessary file and move them out of that folder into somewhere else on your computer.On my computer the files are named something like thisFPDA_A330_200FTDo NOt delete them in case it does something silly to your install of fs and you have to put them back

Thanks for that advice.... and I'll do it if there is NO WAY to make them quieter. Why, by the way, do these callouts come from speaker #3? Is there anyway to change where it comes from? Because I can turn the volume down on #1 and #2 speakers. Stan