Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adev

FSX .... Issues?

Guest Adev

Hello everyone, I just got my copy of FSX, and a system to run it. My laptop has the following specs:Asus G50VT-X1P8400 @ 2.26Ghz4.00 GB 9800GSI haven't installed Release 179 for the graphics card, but the current drivers don't seem to run it very well. I have noticed frame rates dropping to almost 8-5, in virtual cockpit. All settings are at meduim. Some are at low, such as water effects, etc. Is this normal as far as the system goes? It runs just fine, but I was a little disappointed in the frame rates, cause I thought it would be a little higher with the 9800 series. Any ideas? Thanks, Adev

AdevUnfortunately it is NOT your graphics card that is the issue. Your cpu at 2.26GHz is a little low for FSX which is highly cpu intensive., and you will suffer low frame rates. FYI The nividia drivers for the 9600 series are now in the 180's, I run 181.20 for a 9800GTX.RegardsPeterH