Sign in to follow this  
BladeLWS

FS2002 + GeForce4 MX = Problems?

I just put together a new comp and I bought a XFX GeForce4 MX440se 64MB SDR video card to go with it. My friend is telling me that FS2002 has a lot of issues with the MX series of this video card.What exactly are these issues, how critical are these issues, and are there any fixes (i.e. driver updates) that will solve the problems?Also, will the new FS (Century of Flight) have these same issues?Here are my system specs:P4, 2.4ghz (400mhz FSB)512mb DDR SDRAMWindows 98, Windows 2000Thank youShawn

to start with the GF4 MX series is based on old GF2 technology. SDR is very slow compared to DDR. In short getting a GF4MX is not a gamer card at all . For about $130 USD you can get a nice GF4 TI 4200 128MB . This is what I have. It's not the best out there but it does a decent job in FS. I do not max everything out and never had .I care about performance alot more than eye candy and this card gives me a good balance of both. With this card and the 42.86 drivers I run FS at 1152x864 (100hz refresh) FsAA2X AA 4X everything max except water (detail) no shadows clouds (65) visability (100). Ai usually about 85% and I only use PAI or AIA. My max fps is 25 solid until in very dense area where it can go down to 12 . Good luck Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 768MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows XP pro SP1a

Yes, it's definetly not the greatest, but will it be good enough to run FS2002/century of flight?

I have a 420 MX PCI card. I had it for several months. Then one day after putting an emailed aircraft cfg file into an airplane the refections turned on for only one computer session. I had shinny aluminum surfaces. It disappeared after the computer was restarted. I was speechless to see something that I didn't know I had. I searched the forums and found gf4mxdsp (I think ??), it was a fix to be added to the FS2002 display cfg. The water also turned on and made oceanstx & oceansfx look very good.The gf4mxdsp.zip is supposed to be for all the MX cards.Daryll

I have a GF4 MX 420 64MB, and it runs GREAT. Even though its tweaked some hehe, here's some examples. http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...37830&mode=fullhttp://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=37563&page=3Right now my card is up to and at points has better quality than some 128MB cards have (major tweaking). All my settings are maxed out, with addon scenery, I get around 20-25FPS.

Wow nice pics Blade!Now... what do you mean your card is "tweaked" ?

Got a new name, and account because my email changed. I can't tell you how but I can direct you to the person that helped me do it. I'll send you a PM with his email.