Sign in to follow this  
Guest otter55

new video (?) problem

i have a p4 2.8geforce ti 46001 gig ramhas run fs2002 and EVERY other game flawlessly until last weekall of the sudden no matter what game i am running the game locks upthe lockups last 10-12 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.. for about 20-30 seconds. then it locks up again.this continues until i end the game.changing settings within the games does nothing to cure the problem.i had made no (zero) changes to my 'puter when this problem began.i was running 40.72 drivers with perfect sucess.i removed (also used det destroyer) and re-installed 40.72, no helphave removed and installed 41.09 and 43.45. no help'puter is always defragged, clean, etc.ton-o-space on all both hd's where games are located.ram shows to be good.need help.dont know what to do next.cant run my fabvorite sim, fs2002, or any other game .thanks in advancedon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Don, As long as you haven't added a thing to this machine and now it's locking up there are a few possibilities.Have you pulled your memory and reseated it?. Memory creep is a real thing that does happen over time along with oxidation. Are all of your case fans operable or has one or 2 quit on you?. Is the CPU fan operating properly?. Is your power supply on the way out or running warmer than usual lately?. These are the items I would check first, one by one and see if the problem is taken care of. You can go from there if it's not.Bobby

Don't know if this helps you, but I know that at times when I was overclocking a bit too much I would get that exact issue. [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

bobbyi removed and re-installed the ram.all fans are working normally.the power supply appears to be working normally. doesnt feel or smell hot.no change in the lockups.any other ideas?thanks for the ideas to try,don

randythanks for the tip but this 'puter is out of the box. no overclocking of any components.don