Sign in to follow this  

Please Help: Zooming Issues

I was flying tonight and I noticed when I went to the spot plane view, my ability to zoom in and out had shifted. I could zoom very close into the airplane, but my ability to zoom far away from it was gone. The furthest out I could get still kept the majority of my plane on the screen (I could not even see both wingtips at once). Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really like to take screenshots with more of the horizon again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can give you a few ideas that might work.When the zoom freezes or stops, pressing the Backspace key or the Space Bar will sometimes fix it.Otherwise, press the Alt key to display the menus. Click on Views and select View Options. In the options window, select "Spot Plane". Change the Distance to a large number such as 500, then click on OK.If that works, your aircraft should be way off in the distance and you can adjust it with the zoom keys.Let us know if you have any luck.JerryH

Another area that seems to confuse fs2002 is to start with a small plane then change the plane to a large aircraft. It sometimes tries to stay at the small plane reference, thereby not allowing you to zoom out far enough.You could also select the Views menu item and try changing the distance.

Thank you so much for the help. Changing the distance fixed the problem. :)