Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rdg

Simmconnect, WideFS, FSUIPC.. Getting frustrated

Hi All,I have been poking around as I have been thinking about a flight planner. Many disappointed as FSNav died. So looking at alternatives.I wish to run maybe FSCommander and possibly other utilities on a client machine. It seems in FSX fullscreen, that no windows can be on top unless it is a module, which FSCommander is not.I thought I had a handle on what I needed, but the more I read the more confused I got. One fella mentioned he was running simconnect. One was running WideFS, others running FSUIPC. Some using them all.Geez, what do I need exactly to get one of these utilities up and going, or for the most part does each utility have its own requirements? Is there a good document or thread which ties everything together? Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob G.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, unfortunately, each program uses a different technology:FSCommander uses WideFS and FSUIPCASA uses SimConnectFSInn (For VATSIM) uses its own built inOther programs will use whatever they wrote it to. The above is ALL what I use, and I have both WideFS and of course SimConnect installed, with FSX DELUXE and the proper SDK packs. Its not easy to get going, I won't lie, but once it is setup it works beautifully.My advice is if you want to avoid ALL issues, get the FSUIPC / WideFS combo pack AND use and install SImconnect as well. Then you will have it all covered.

Hi All,I have been poking around as I have been thinking about a flight planner. Many disappointed as FSNav died. So looking at alternatives.I wish to run maybe FSCommander and possibly other utilities on a client machine. It seems in FSX fullscreen, that no windows can be on top unless it is a module, which FSCommander is not.I thought I had a handle on what I needed, but the more I read the more confused I got. One fella mentioned he was running simconnect. One was running WideFS, others running FSUIPC. Some using them all.Geez, what do I need exactly to get one of these utilities up and going, or for the most part does each utility have its own requirements? Is there a good document or thread which ties everything together? Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob G.