Sign in to follow this  

The Blue Box texture glitch...

Hi all,Newbie to this forum here. I have a very serious problem in my sim. I recently installed Lennarts texture set for the benifits of Alaskan sightseeing. I take off from Ketchikan Rwy 29 and fly heading 300 after airborne. At approx N56.13.30 W131.20.90 ???? I got this from the F1 421C GPS, I see a perfectly straight water texture running over the ground, up into the mountains, over them where no water should be. Eventually it makes a perfect 90 degree turn to the left and goes even further off into the wilds. Now flame me if you must, as I seem to remember way back when I first got MSFS2K2pro, that I read about this anomoly in a forum and there was a "Fix" for it ? It has been a long time, and I am just getting started with this problem. After seeing it the first time, I un-installed Lennarts Texture pack and replaced the stock MSFS textures with the backup I had made prior to install. Same effect again. Anyone that can help me would be much appreciated. Since I got the same effect with stock textures and no sceneries installed, I have gone ahead and re-installed Lennarts Textures, Eddie Denney's Alaska Terrain Mesh #s 1-7, still need 8-16, and Coastal Shipping 1 (coastalship1.zip) from the AVSIM File Library. Same effect still.D. EllisAS185, PR Manager/Air-Sourcehttp://www.air-source.us"Take off's are optional, landings are mandatory."

I have taken some better screenshots and posted them to my VA Auditorium. Anyone should be able to access them for viewing. You can clearly see what I am talking about with correct accurate GPS Data for reference. http://groups.msn.com/AirSourceAuditorium/....msnw?Page=LastI also tried the .bgl fix as recommended, no effect, however it may have corrected what I have yet to see, thanks for that one."Take off's are optional, landings are mandatory."

Guest Kurt

It could be a landclass file glitch if you have any installed for that area. I'll check when I can and see if I get the same thing.Kurt M

I have located the offending file, and removed it from my sim. I really don't want to talk about how this was done, as most of you can imagine what was entailed. The file causing the problem was akcities.zip, author Joe Watson. I downloaded this file from AVSIM. If anyone knows the author of the file, maybe someone could direct him to this thread and he can then see the screenshots that I posted through the link. I am sure that it is a great scenery enhancement, however in it's current state, it does more to "Destroy" the view, than enhance it. Perhaps there is an update available, that I haven't found yet. If so, please let me know. Thank you to all that responded to the thread."Take off's are optional, landings are mandatory."