Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray P

Help with Default B737-800 Panel

Guest Ray P

Hello AllI really don't understand panel design so I was told by a few of my FS connections that this is the place to ask for help.What I want to do if possable is to make 2 gauges on the default B737-800 2d panel so that I can "Undock"them into windows and move them to another monitor so I can control them with a "Mouse Click Program" I am looking for the "EFIS" part of the auto pilot and if possable the "Auto Brake"Any advise here will be a great help..Is this possible?ThanksRay

Hi RayThe mod should not be a problem, but do you mean the EICAS (engine parameters) gauge of the main panel, as for the auto brake control other than a new panel bitmap, I cant really see that being a big problem.Let me know which, and I will try the modification out.Jim Hodkinson

Guest Ray P
Hi RayThe mod should not be a problem, but do you mean the EICAS (engine parameters) gauge of the main panel, as for the auto brake control other than a new panel bitmap, I cant really see that being a big problem.Let me know which, and I will try the modification out.Jim Hodkinson
JimThanks for offering your help...I thought it was called the EFIS, anyway it's the control to the left and right of the auto-pilot, (Pilot and co-pilot each have one)It controls the DH and Bar setting along with settings on the MFD like APP,VOR, MAP Plan and another knob for display scale. Ray

Hi again RayI have just had a look, and you are correct it is the EFIS control panel my mistake, but again it should not be a problem.Now if it works (I don

Guest Ray P
Hi again RayI have just had a look, and you are correct it is the EFIS control panel my mistake, but again it should not be a problem.Now if it works (I don

HiI have just modified the panel for the EFIS control pop-up, but have yet to test it, give me a few and I will get back with the results.Jim H

Hi RayIs this what you are after, the pop-up panel click spots are shown in this screen shot.If it is, I can send it as a zip file with the install instruction and bitmaps, I will PM you with my E-Mail address as I

Guest Ray P

JimThis looks great..Just what I wanted. I can undock these and move them to another monitor Right?I can't thank you enough!! How do you want to get the files to me..Should I put my e-amil address here? Sorry but I havent done this beforeRay

Hi RayI have sent you a PM with my E-Mail address, if you go to your controls (just click on your own name), you should be showing a message in your in box.Jim HPSyes the are undocked, so you can move them.Hi RayPanel mod sent, check your mail, and have fun.Jim H