Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kosta

Trouble with details - fs9.cfg

This thematic has probably been chewed upon too much.But I decided to do some compares today, and I found out there is absolutely no difference on my system if I change to anything higher than this:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0.0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=0No changes in loading of textures if I set 9 or levels 4 or whatever else... I made comparable screenshots, and those are ALL absolutely same. I tried photoscenery, GEPro textures and also default FS9 installation. No change in behavior. All measurements were taken from 30,000ft, to easily spot the lines separating higher and lower resolution textures.My other settings are Nhancer 8xS AA, and AF 16x, no other optimizations, though I tried different settings there too. I have about 1 month old Nvidia drivers. Anyone know whats wrong, if anything?EDIT:I found my answer here: http://www.germany-vfr.de/Jobia/lcdokupdf/lcdokupdf.zipExcellent description, it opened my eyes into scenery management, I now set my fs9 to the best possible quality (basically as above).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I found my answer here: http://www.germany-vfr.de/Jobia/lcdokupdf/lcdokupdf.zipExcellent description, it opened my eyes into scenery management, I now set my fs9 to the best possible quality (basically as above).
:( :( B) 502 pages! Yaiks!And it is in German.... not my strongest language B) Anyone know if this is also available in English? :( Regards,Frank

There is no english document to my knowledge, but for what its worth, here is a brief summary of what is says (concerning my problem):TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS- maximum is 4- if TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS is set to anything but 0, other "EXTENDED" settings make no differenceOne can also use those two, instead of DEFAULT_RADIUS.TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS- max is 4- basically same setting as default radius, but has something to do with mipmaps (I didn't read it into much detail)TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS- max is 4 - depends how many mipmaps are going to be shownIt says this:0=Function Off1=MIP Level0,2=MIP Level0 und MIP Level13=MIP Level0, MIP Level1 und MIP Level24=MIP Level0, MIP Level1, MIP Level2 und MIP Level3At my system, I see no difference in shots between:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4andTERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Also, changing TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 to anything else, 200, 400, no difference, exactly as it says in the document.So I will be keeping it at 40, and TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4 and see how this works out on couple of next flights.